Hey everyone, I think from now on, I'll try to do a series of motivational posts, by sharing a quote per post series.. Hopefully this will add some meaning for you guys who visit my blog, and that you guys can learn smth out of it.. haha.. (inspiration from nigel's question ytd night)
Today's quote is about success, one of my personal mottos in life..
"Success has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplished for yourself. It's what you have done for others." DAnny thomas
Personally, this is what i think about Success. Life's not just about I, ME and MYSELF! Somehow, we are not created in way that we can live life in an isolated way.. We need people, we need help, friendship, and this is what I had learnt through my years of experiences in life: That the key to life, is based on the relationships you have and formed.. It's applicable in every area of your life! If you have good relationships with your parents, you will experience success in your family life; if you have good relationships with your collegues, you experience success in your workplace, and also in other areas too.
So how to build good, strong relationships? The key is to learn and master the Art of Communications. How you communicate in life, will determine what kind of relationships you have in life. For example, if there's a breakdown of communication in a BGR, it'll leads to? Ithink you guys shld know the answer. So this is the key, 90% of the time when people have bad relationships, the root of the problem is the breakdown or lack of communications. Learn how to interact with people, the Era of the world had change.. It's no longer IQ that matters but your EQ(the way you handle your emotion and relationships in life)!!! Go and learn and apply it in your life and experience the change. And for this too, I'm also reminding myself also to do the same. I'm speaking through my experiences now, as me too had my bad days where people just hate to talk to me in the past, and I know the reasons now, but it's never to late to change yea?
Okay, I think I had sidetracked abit as I sincerely feel that building strong relationships is very essential to the personal growth of a person, but i hope you guys are learning something yea? Anyway, back to my view on Success! In simple words, my success is equal to the success of others around me! I live my life for others, to help them to excel in life and fulfill their destiny.. I don't count my success to be anything now, what i really wish to see is that the people I'm leading now can experience greater success than I am. And that I had made a difference in their lives, and being a blessing to them. I'm more keen to develop them into leaders of the next generation, so that they can make a impact in the lives of many others.
I believe in teamwork, and the spirit of Unity. I'm not seeking for personal glory, but the glory of the team! It's not about me, it's about us! As I realised that this is the best way to curb my strong Ego, is to be a servant leader, one who can humble himself and seek to serve and uplift everyone around him. Bear with me, I only just beginning this journey of mine, and I seek understanding if I still fail as a leader, help me in this journey and let's fight together to transform the school, and to make it a better place yea? We can do it, as there's power in unity. =)
We only have one life to live.. how do you wanna live it, the choice is in your hands.......